Just as time at The King’s is filled with learning, spiritual growth, and excitement, it is also time which presents students with new challenges and unique opportunities. Students who need personal or spiritual support during this time may find encouragement and wisdom from their professors and advisors. For students who need extended support and care, two additional resources are available. Students may make appointments for counseling and prayer with The King’s Chaplain. The institution’s Chaplain, Dr. Dale Buffington is available for on-campus, online, and telephone counseling. Appointments can be made by calling 818-779-8053.
Additionally, the Pastoral Care department of The Church On The Way is available. Under the direction of Reverend Jim Nelson, the Pastoral Care department provides The King’s students with a place where people will listen to their questions, pray for the ministry of the Holy Spirit, and offer help in overcoming personal challenges. Appointments may be made by calling 818-779-8460. The Dean of Students is also available for counseling and concerns. Students wishing to see the Dean of Students may make an appointment by calling 818-779-8040.
- Vocational/Academic Counseling - Faculty Advisor
- Placement Counseling - Dr. Jody Smith or Dr. Dale Buffington
- Personal Counseling - Faculty Advisor, Chaplain Buffington, Dean Michael Gregg
- Severe Personal/Family Counseling - Rev. Jim Nelson, TCOTW Counseling Department
- Financial Counseling - Norm Stoppenbrink, Student Accounts, Crown Ministries