The Jack W. Hayford - School of Pastoral Nurture
A Leadership Advancement Program
Focused on increasing ministry effectiveness of pastors and leaders and facilitating personal growth and renewal.
Join a small group of pastors (limited to 35-45) and spend an intensive time with Pastor Jack Hayford in disciplined reflection and interaction. In this small setting you will:
- Be with, talk to, question, and "feel the pulse of" Pastor Hayford, as he opens his heart to you as one of this small group;
- Discuss key themes, concepts, and values that build a mindset and lifestyle for a true servant-and-shepherd-hearted ministry;
- Receive practical input as Pastor Jack opens the Word, offers biblical and expositional insights, and guidelines for shaping a congregation's life.
- Receive exposition and sermonic resources;
- Profit from a lifetime of lessons learned as a leader, as Pastor Hayford relates personal stories of how the Holy Spirit processed life-long shaping for truly fruitful, faithful, enduring ministry.
Consultations will take place in these contexts:
- Collegial - Pastor Hayford will set forth key concepts which govern his mindset for ministry. These sessions are highly interactive, providing opportunity for pastors not only to hear Dr. Hayford's thinking on the themes indicated, but to inquire, "pick his brain," and give both observations and contributions.
- Classroom - Pastor Hayford will focus on a specific Bible book in each Consultation, providing for thematic and
- expository examination of those timeless principles that establish roots, nourish growth and secure lasting foundations while developing a stable body-life in a local church. In depth attention is given to pivotal themes. Question-answer times seek to offer and explore real solutions to real challenges leaders face today.
- Intimate - During each Consultation, Pastor and Mrs. Hayford will host an evening at their home one evening, providing a "breakaway" for those present at each Consultation. These evenings usually include a barbecue at the parsonage, followed by a time of praise and warm fellowship, with a mini-concert by a noted Christian artist.
Continuing Education credit is awarded and either graduate or baccalaureate credit is available.
Four Levels of Consultations:
- Consultation I - The Pastor's Personal Life, with Perspectives on the Congregation and Its Ministry
- Consultation II - The Pastor's Public Life, with Perspectives on Preaching and Passion in Ministry
- Consultation III - The Pastor's Professional Life, with Perspectives on Leadership, Administration, and Ministry Direction.
- Consultation IV - The Pastoral Couples Consultation. Both Pastor Jack and Anna Hayford share interactively on building your ministry, while growing your own family and marriage and helping others do the same. (Maximum registration: 30 couples - Offered once each year)
2013 Consultation Dates:
Consultations begin on Tuesday and end on Friday. All participants begin with Consultation I.
- Consultation I — February 26-28; May 15-17
- Consultation II — March 20-22
- Consultation III — June 11-14
- Consultation IV — July 23-26
- Telos — April 24-26
The fee is $545 per Consultations I-III; Consultation IV is $850 per couple. The fee includes most meals and all breakaway event expenses. Accommodations are available at nearby hotels at discounted rates or limited housing may be available at the home of a member of The Church On The Way.
For more information or to request an application, contact us by e-mail or call (818) 779-8540.